Welcome to the Rehoboth Beach Writers’ Guild
The Rehoboth Beach Writers’ Guild is founded on the belief that the writing–and sharing–of our stories matters. We are enormously proud of our many published writers, but publication isn’t our ultimate goal. What matters is the telling of the story, whether that happens while sitting around a table at a Free Write, standing before an audience at one of our monthly readings, sharing drafts of one’s writing in a workshop– or publishing. Regardless of a writer’s genre or skill level, the Rehoboth Beach Writers’ Guild offers education, encouragement and above all, a nurturing community of people who care about–and value–words.
– Maribeth Fischer, Founder and Executive Director
New! Art in the AM
Please join us for Art in the AM, a performance of songs, stories and paintings, with the support of the Delaware Division of the Arts. Each month, the one-hour show will feature visual artists, RBWG writers, and musician Stuart Vining.
The painting at right, one of three that will be featured at the August 3 performance, is by Aina Nammack.
For the Poet in You …
Read Walt Curran’s poem and then listen to the song that musician, John Inkster, created from the poem that was performed at April’s “Night of Songs and Stories.” Five other musicians created original songs from original poems for this event.
- These important websites that keep you up to date with information on grants and events supporting the arts in our state: Delaware Division of the Arts; National Endowment for the Arts and Delaware Scene.
- The post on the WRDE Coast TV web site about the RBWG Night of Songs and Stories.
- For first timers and veteran guild free writers, Gayla Sullivan’s essay is a must read. Click here to display “How to Write at a Free Write: A Beginner’s Guide”.
From Delaware Beach Life
Click here to read or revisit the July 2013 issue of Delaware Beach that featured an article about the Rehoboth Beach Writers’ Guild and other coastal writing groups.
Click on the icon (left) to link to the web site of the Delaware Beach LIfe, published by our own Terry Plowman. This beautiful magazine features in depth articles about local events and people, some written by guild members. It is not to be missed!
Articles About the RBWG
- The article by Amanda Merritt “Rehoboth group marks 10 years of helping writers grow” in in the December 17 issue of Delmarva Now.
- An article by Christiana Weaver “Writers Guild offers writers prompts, mysteries and more” for Coastal Point. Christiana is the author of the memoir: “What You Lose On The Roundabout, You Gain On The Swings”.
Come Join Us!
If you’d like to become a member, click here for the membership application. You can mail in your application. The page also provides a link to Pay Pal where you can Join or renew your membership.
- The new Book Club page. Click here or find the link on the more about page.
- Click on Events for Book Club selections for upcoming months.
- We’re on YouTube. Go to the site and search on the guild name to bring up a list of videos of readings by date. Click on the link to select.
What We’re All About …
Check out this awesome interview from ContentDelaware, where Maribeth talks about what the guild is all about! See the Events page for details about other regularly scheduled RBWG events.